New Year's Resolutions for 2013
I'm one of those people who not only likes to make New Year's Resolutions, I like to blog about them.
- Go to at least one technical conference in South America, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- Visit at least one new nation. It's hard to come up with preferences since the whole world is so exciting.
- Take a road trip across the USA.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Keep to a 32 waist for the whole year.
- Blog once a week. That is at least 52 blog entries!
- Take a fun class with Audrey.
- Build something real using Twisted as a critical component.
- Take a high level Python class from the likes of Raymond Hettinger or David Beazley.
- Commit to core Python
- Upload all my outstanding pictures to Flickr!
- Pull off an Aú sem Mão (no-handed cartwheel).
- Attend my first Capoeira Batizado (formal gathering).
- Work out at least three times a week.
- Learn how to surf or snowboard.
- Have a beer with Thomas, Andy, Andy, Tony, Garrick, Bernd, and the rest of Ye Aulde Gange.
- See my old DC area friends such as Eric, Chris, Steve, Beth, Sarah, Daye, Renee, Kenneth, Leslie, Whitney, Dave, and many others.
- Teach some Python or Django.
- Go back to at least one of the nations I've visited before.
- Visit at least one new nation.
- Go to at least one technical conference in North America and Europe.
- Publish as least one book. See Two Scoops of Django
- Update my blog to Pelican 3.
- Implement a custom theme design so my blog looks more unique. ;-)
- Visit a beach for more than one day. (Split, Croatia)
- Get married
- Visit friends and family back east.
Tags: holidays resolutions python capoeira family friends django