My PyCon 2012 Schedule
Here I was thinking that this year's PyCon wasn't going to be so busy because I didn't submit a talk or tutorial. Ha! What the heck was I thinking?
Here's what I've already got in the works.
Wednesday, March 7th
Me and Audrey are driving up from Los Angeles. I've wanted to do this drive for a while, so this is very exciting. We'll arrive in the evening and hopefully tag up with friends old and new.
Thursday, March 8th
I'm moderating the Code Reuse panel of the Python Web Summit. Have you submitted a question yet?
In the evening we'll be helping assemble bags for the conference. That's always a blast.
Friday, March 9th
PyCon really begins! I'll be at the keynotes, and then the talks begin. These are some of the talks I'm really leaning towards watching:
- Introduction to Metaclasses
- The Art of Subclassing
- Data, Design, Meaning
- Code Generation in Python: Dismantling Jinja
The problem, of course, is that all the talks look awesome. Missing some of these talks is going to hurt.
In the evening we're going to the New Relic/Loggly/Skull Candy party and hang out at the (in)famous TIP BOF.
Saturday, March 10th
In the evening I'm hosting the PyCon Capoeira Open Space. We've got a seriously large room assigned for the event, and over twenty five people currently signed up to participate (there's still room for signups). Even if you don't want to play a musical instrument or learn/play at Capoeira, come anyway to watch. Some of the players there have some seriously amazing skills - I can assure you've seen them in the movies.
Sunday, March 11th
Monday March 12 - Thursday, March 15
Sprints! Nothing set in stone yet, but some ideas I've had include:
- Launch python.opencomparison.org for all of Python.
- OpenComparison integration of PyPI OpenID, SourceForge OAUTH, and BitBucket OAUTH.
- Improved OpenComparison integration of the Launchpad API.
- Implement Gitorious API for OpenComparison.
- Implement Text Based search for OpenComparison.
- Hack on Mongo related technologies such as django-mongonaut and some other planned projects.