2018 New Years Resolutions
Happy New Year!
The last time I wrote down resolutions was way back in 2014. I had done it for many years at that point, dating back to even before my old blog. Somehow I fell out of what I consider a positive habit. Well, it's time to pick it up again!
So here are my resolutions for 2018:
- Weight down to 160.
- Work out for 60 minutes a day. I got lazy in the last year.
- Start martial arts again. Because of knee and ankle injuries, Capoeira is probably right out. Already up Kali/Escrima under Guro Mestre Xingú instead.
- Write at least 3 books (last year we did 5 books, so this is doable!). Out of those, one will be about coding in some way.
- Blog at least once a month, about anything. Python, Django, serverless coding, martial arts, whatever. And with this post, January is done!
- Release some coding projects I can't talk about yet.
- Travel outside the USA. That looks to be a trip to Colombia to speak at PyCon Colombia! If you are in South America, please meet me (and Audrey) there! I'll be sharing more details soon. :-)
note: The photo is from a light painting session I did with Audrey at the start of last year.
Tags: python capoeira book django resolutions holidays injury